Thursday, January 2, 2014

Back in Business

Here we are the first day back to work after an extended break, and a break where I remained at home. Normally when I am off work, I go away. So this morning we begin a new routine. We have to find the time to fit this writing in and still get off to work on time. If it is not possible, if I begin to feel too rushed, then the posting will move to later in the day.


I am looking forward to going back, even though on New Year's eve my answer to "Things to do that make work more fun," was "different work." It is not the intellect that will come to understand what it is about my work that I love and what it is that I don't. I think it will be the instinct that drives me in one direction or another. after having asked myself this question for so many years of doing the same or almost same job, I can say that the answer seems to allude me. I know I tend to keep moving in the direction of teaching and mentoring, coaching even though there are times I find people a big pain in the backside. I also know there are some times I just love the creative aspect of developing new programs, new curriculum. I also know I dislike the monotony of dealing with scheduling and payroll.

So we will have to see where it drives me on this cold day in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment