Sunday, December 22, 2013

What if I were a writer


The Star

Sunday, Dec 22nd, 2013

What has traditionally been known as the Star card is about reconnecting one's Soul with the Divine -- the transcending of personality, family, community and reputation. It has to do ultimately with the freedom to be one's Self. The Soul is responding to celestial influences -- forces that can provide the personality with a stronger sense of purpose. The Star card helps us to remember our exalted origins and our attraction to a Higher Union.

This card could also be called the "Celestial Mandate" -- that which refers us back to our reason for being, our mission in this lifetime. The Star reminds us that, in a sense, we are agents of Divine Will in our day-to-day lives. If we let go of the idea that we are supposed to be in control, we can more easily notice and appreciate the synchronicities that are nudging us along. In this way, we become more conscious of the invisible Helping Hand, and we better understand our place within -- and value to -- the larger Cosmos.

This morning as I sat in meditation, cultivating the essence of faith, I received a strong feeling. I want to write and teach. This is not an 'aha' moment, this is something I have known for years. And I do have this opportunity. I teach Yoga, and workshops and I write a blog. Those are the moments of connection with the authentic me.
Then I did have an 'aha' moment. I will write everyday. I will pose the question to myself, 'what would I write today if I had to write something today?' I will write not for the audience, rather, I will write for me, because I need to put it into words.
On this rainy first day of winter as we approach a new year, I would write that life is not 'fixed' it is merely adjusted. There is no absolute answer to any question, only a momentary understand and peace. There is a part of me that wants to run to a warmer climate, to bring a partner into my life, make some change; to move out of the dischord of the local climate, the job that is not too challenging and monotony brought into home life around a child's school and sport schedules. The part of me that likes to launch a raft onto to lake to get to the island is longing to build and launch another raft. Problem is that the feeling is not motivated by the adventure of moving forward as much as it it motivated by the desire to run away. Ahhhhh..... Skillful discernment. Here's to running toward unknown lands through creative expression of thoughts.
Happy Solstice and first day of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment