Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Play isn't something you do... it's an attitude.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than a year of conversation." ~ Plato

This morning I tried this new activity to try to begin to get beyond my stream of consciousness and as I sat there doing this writing project. I was ranting about how much time it was taking and how was I going to get my meditation in and there would be no room for asana. I was striving to complete all the things I was expecting of myself. And I was striving for things to be different.

As I continued this writing and glimpsing at the clock, I decided I could change my attitude. I could do this because I believe there is value in it and I appreciate the process. Then as I approached my meditation cushion, I took the same idea with me. I would just open to what would happen, even if I did not have a lot of time.

A simple change in attitude and a beautiful feeling of lightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment