Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dare you to Live Fully

What does that mean? Live fully. To some it may mean deep water soloing and landing in the water from a 40 foot fall and doing it again. It may mean to have a challenging career, beautiful smart and talented children, a handsome and loving partner, a fancy house with panoramic views. Still others dream of PhD's and farms.

This chick takes living fully to mean living with an open heart. That means being able to stop defending myself and judging myself and others. No easy task I can say. As I awake in the morning I am doing 'morning pages.' Three free hand written pages of whatever pops into my head. It is fascinating to see all the things that pop up. "People have to want to participate." "He didn't feel compelled to help people..." Are either of these thoughts true? How would I know what someone else was compelled to do or not do. Maybe he was compelled, but also afraid or feeling helpless. Do people people really have to want to participate or is it part of meeting them where they are to entice, inspire them to participate?

The tone is one of "I know" not of "I wonder."

Perhaps living fully means being curious about the things the mind thinks. Perhaps deep water soloing is just curiosity about what it feels like to be that high with only water below. Perhaps the challenging career happens when one is curious about 'what if?' at work.

Hmmm, something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment