Monday, October 17, 2011

New floor, old steps

I am not sure how it happened... we just had a few hours to kill before climbing started and we were talking about floors, Home Depot came up and the next thing I knew I was buying 10 boxes of flooring for Fynn's room. Well of course there was no climbing to follow and home we went. With the fire of intensity I bring to any job that needs getting done, I laid the floor that evening.

In my desire to get it done, Fynn learned through instructions yelled from his room how to cook pasta. But it got done. This is the way it happens for me... the task becomes all consuming and the relationships, the nourishment and nurturing off to the side. A very helpful skill in a war or natural disaster, but perhaps not that helpful in most everyday living. Perhaps that is why I am a little less focused most of the time. Living does not require such attention - unless you are practicing Yoga.

This must be why I love Yoga so much... bringing this attention and energy to every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment