Sunday, October 9, 2011

Move toward fear.

Following My gut is the challenge I have put forth for myself as Fynn spends this weekend with his Dad. Yesterday my gut told me to show up for a group expecting to go geo-caching, so I did. And I had a great time. My gut told me to listen to my audiobook instead of the radio or watching TV. My gut told me to practice this morning. And now my gut is telling me to write. I am not even sure what needs to be said. But I am following my gut.

Pema Chodron says move toward your fear. Don't repress it, don't ignore it, don't distract yourself away from it. Real compassion for yourself is to turn toward it and allow yourself to experience it. My fears seem so large it is much easier to run. But what I have noticed when I have followed this advice, is that I actually soften toward myself. I accept my own imperfection and allow myself to be less than perfect. And a smile can usually creep across my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment