Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Loving What Is

The first step to loving what is, is seeing what is. I just don't know how to see what really is. Am I really a defensive, closed person? Byron Katie, the author of "Loving What Is," would ask 4 questions and turn it around and see the truth on all sides. Maybe the real truth is that all of it is true each in it's own way.

Maybe it is all about expectation. I expect things to be different and therefore I am not accepting what is and loving it. Can I see the love in my energetic child who wants to fill the planet with paper airplanes? Can I see the love in the people I coordinate when they choose not to follow the appropriate guidelines and policies that we agreed to put in place?

Yeah. It is all about expectation. I keep expecting people to do what they say they will, be who they say they are. And I guess I am just as unpredictable. I say I am going to do a daily practice, to be open to what is and then..... things don't go as I planned.

I guess that is why it is called practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment