Thursday, March 8, 2012

Assimulation

I just returned from 5 days of study with my teacher, Yogarupa, Rod Stryker. I learn as much studying the texts and the knowledge around Yoga as I do studying myself. Every day in Asana I watched my mind roll through it's vast array of thoughts about how good or not so open my body is. I saw my longing for an assist, my fear of not getting one and what that might mean. And also the fear of receiving an assist and what that may mean. I watched how I engaged with others, pushing my opinion on them or allowing them to force their ideas toward me.

With a return to routine and the busy nature of life, I am sitting back a little and noticing my thoughts around what it means if someone thinks I am right or wrong. Noticing my own judgment of others and the shield that places in front of me. This stance has also allowed me a glimpse also, that I am not the only one wielding the shield.

With just curiosity, without really believing I know already, there is a space for wondering. A space where there is more openness, possibility. It's much less stressful. At the very least this is an incredible gift of Yoga practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment