Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Resistance

This morning I awoke to a winter storm.
It's mid March.
I awoke to feeling my earring come out as I pulled my hair back and now cannot find it.
I awoke to learn an amazing spirit and mentor has died.
I buried myself in a book - "Who Would You be Without Your Story? by Byron Katie.
My story - it shouldn't be snowing, my dear friend should not have died and I should be able to find my earring. It is not really any of these things that is the cause of my suffering, it is the idea that they should not be happening. I am snug in my home with a fire blazing in the stove and warm tea in my hand. My dear friend has spent the last 3 years fighting cancer. Now she is at rest. And the snow... it is March. It is a little crazy to believe that it shouldn't snow in winter.

Who would you be without your story?
Thanks Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment