Sunday, March 22, 2015

Asmita... this was me once

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/experience-story?cid=video-live-climb-repeat&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&campaign=experience

I watched this.
I cried. This was me at one time.
I climbed. I worked in climbing. I dreamed sequences. I visualized success. I awoke in a van, had coffee and went climbing usually before others were up.
Then I wanted more. My heart wanted a home, a shower. A baby. To serve the world in some way.
I awoke in a house. I went to a job. I taught others what I had learned.
I had a son. Someone counting on me. My soul also longed for his happiness, his life to be full.

The job continued to evolve; more administration, less teaching. My soul's longing to solve the next problem no longer fulfilled. The longing to share now met as a mother.

Climbing was pushed to the back of my heart. Not enough time, no climbing partner.

Then I found Yoga.
I had new sequences to solve, new movement to understand. Movement in the body and movement of the mind.
A whole new adventure, exploring my inner landscape.
Climbing inside... overcoming the obstacles of my own limitations.
I now have the joy of climbing inside and occasionally out. Solo and occasionally with a partner (if she hadn't up and move to BC).

There will always be climbing in my heart... the routes are just not always on rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment