Thursday, September 11, 2014

Things your mother wants to hear.

Less than 24 hours ago, I left my son at his new school approximately 1254 kilometers from home. Needless to say I won't be seeing him for a few weeks. We've had these times apart over the many years of his life, but this seems somehow a little more distant. Perhaps that is because this time he is on the verge of real independence. At any rate, when we have done this in the past, I have gotten texts that consisted of, 'I'm ok.' Needless to say, I was hoping for something a little more. So the following is a list of questions children (even the older ones) could answer when they send mom a text. 
I had a __________ day.
I spent time hanging out with __________.
I did really well on my assignment about ___________.
I realized ______________.
I was just thinking about you mom.
I plan to __________.
My favorite new _________ is _________.
Today's practice went _________.
I miss __________.
Thanks for __________.

If all else fails, I even like 'I'm ok.' Please share your ideas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment