Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Work of a Lifetime

I want my life to have meaning. Last night I pondered who would come to my funeral. I could see people whose heart I had touched and those who would not come because of the distance between us or because of their own desire not to face death and loss. Still it happens.

These thoughts seem so far removed from asana - the poses we use on the mat, and yet those poses are the seeds to who would show up when I die. When I saw those faces, I saw the many faces of those with whom I study, practice and teach Yoga. Those faces are the people who are willing to open their own hearts and be vulnerable and accepting - of me and them selves.

Yoga happens on the mat, for sure. But there is no perfect representation of a pose, only a perfect degree of acceptance of how the pose manifests in ones body, moves energy and awakens the spirit. More importantly, once the spirit comes awake and curiosity to examine life from a new understanding is born, perspective on everything in life changes... for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment