Sunday, March 2, 2014

The wagon has been a bumpy ride since making my New Year resolutions. The challenges of everyday life have not made it possible to have all the shakti I need to get through in the best ways possible. More importantly, I notice I have not reached out for help. I have stumbled through it alone. Because I am the only one I trust. And because my healthy ego doesn't want to admit it needs help.

So I have stumbled.
I have binged on TV and salty snacks and wine.
I have not exercised or practiced asana when I could have.
I have sat resisting the cold and been blaming Mother Nature for my choices.


Well, it is time to also note, I have offered myself self acceptance. It is cold. It is unpleasant to walk the dogs when it is -12 degrees. It is hard to sit in meditation for 30 minutes when I would rather stay under the covers longer. The discipline to do these things robs me of the shakti to make other challenging choices. So I understand and have compassion. And I will hold it all a little lighter. This life is a practice. There is no perfect ending, only continual change.

But spring, please hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment