Thursday, August 22, 2013

Settling in

My son has just returned from 8 weeks away. One would think that if you've had this child for 12 years, it would be pretty simple to slip back into the routine again. But I find sitting for meditation is more challenging, even getting to bed when I normally do is more challenging. It's not that my day has more in it, it is something else tugging at my attention.

As I attempt to get on my mat, I notice this energy pushing me to move quickly and not hold poses. When I do hold, I feel restless, as if I need to hurry on to the next one. It gets harder to settle in. It takes more time to find my way into my body because so much of my awareness is listening for his next need or action.

My solution is to go to a forward fold and twist practice. These movements naturally draw the prana in, grounding it and focusing it. Then I can really practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment