Saturday, February 22, 2014

A little down time.

Yesterday I was exhausted and defeated by the end of the day. I have been practicing and doing Nidra and still I was spent. It's been a seven day work week with evening calls and worries and yet, I just committed myself to one more thing every week.

Why do I do this to myself?

Because I do not know how to set boundaries. Because I want my life to have meaning so I chase things people want from me or stick with people who do not support me. Actually let me rephrase that... I stick with people, support people to my own detriment.

I know things are bad when I get in the car and head off to do another task and I am thinking... I want to be like those people sitting in that cafe. I want to have down time.

And I am a Yogini. I know that I am the one who gets to choose what I do and how much love I take into every action. When I feel this way, it is time to step back, move beyond the three lower chakras and enable myself to come to these tasks with love, not resistance. It is up to me to connect to something bigger than myself to get back on track.

Time to haul out my Ayurveda notes and start with physical self care.

No comments:

Post a Comment