Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Whirlwind of the Mind

"Mind is the key, the difference between prison and expansive freedom!" Rod Stryker

Yes, it has been a week of imprisonment for me. Wanting so many things to be different. Not present, definitely wanting, wanting, wanting.

The emotion attached to all this wanting? Poverty. Anxiety. Shame.

Anxiety is a like a leaf in the wind, that flutters about, changing direction. It shifts to fear. How can I trust that all will be okay if I accept everything as it is? I don't like everything that is. It doesn't feel good.

I guess the trust is with oneself not with the circumstances.

My teacher once told me, "We cannot forgive. We just practice love and forgiveness happens." Perhaps here, the trick is to just practice courage and the faith will come.

1 comment:

  1. Trust yourself, accept that you want things to be different--that's OK! Observe your wanting when you can and it will dissolve on its own, don't let your mind give it power. It is when we give these negative thoughts power that they consume us. I'm just coming out of that particular whirlwind myself. A friend's mom, who is a guru for Bihar School in India, told me recently -"Let go. Say your mantra all day throughout the day and your mind will clear and you will see your path." Life has shifted for me since I did. Circumstances are the same, but my mind is less agitated. Sending you healing thoughts. You will find your way out of the whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete