Thursday, March 25, 2010

Truth

Recently, I listened to someone tell me all the reasons we couldn't do something. I heard them tell me why it is done as it is. I suggested we try something different because what we do isn't necessarily helpful to everyone. I asked point blank would they be willing. I watched as this person refuse to answer my question. I watched the conversation be deflected to other topics.

"Knowledge is what you learn from a book. Truth comes from the experience." ~ The Voice of Knowledge
This reminds me of the Peaceful Warrior where Socrates says, "Intelligence is knowing, wisdom is doing."

Truth then is the result of action. If the action I take creates limits for myself, that is my truth about my life; it has limits. This is interesting for me to ponder as I consider taking a personal step that seems like a big one. I was fascinated to watch myself use this same tactic yesterday. An obstacle has arisen in my path. My thoughts went to "well, maybe this isn't meant to be. Perhaps I should wait."

I noticed my thoughts. I saw how willingly I was believing what might be truth for someone else, not what was true for me. To achieve what I desire, may mean I need to take other steps first or perhaps in a different direction, but the potential is there... if I believe in the potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment