Friday, August 12, 2011

For me

"The vows and beliefs you hold dear, speak directly to the Universe, compelling it to act on your behalf." ~ Rod Stryker.

How has the Universe been acting on my behalf? I recall being raised with the mantra.... "you wait until your father gets home." In my home, my Dad had final say in everything, dolled out all the punishment and the scheduled operated around him. No surprise I would seem to attract men into my life who would treat me the same?

I second ideology was, "You cannot eat the raspberry preserves if you do not pick the raspberries." And this was confused with my siblings not having to pick the raspberries, but being allowed to eat them. But then I was always told I was the best raspberry picker. I seemed to be the capable one and responsible for taking care of others. Any wonder then that I am a single parent and that I do not make a lot of decisions without checking in with others first.

Now I have also loads of wonderful beliefs that have provided me with a foundation of amazing experiences and relationships. I believe that if you want anything badly enough, you can make it happen. I believe that there is infinite potential in each and every person and that everyone deserves love and nurturing.

Let's hope that recognition of beliefs opens a door to clear understanding if something is right or not. I managed to recognize that I did not want to cow tow to the man doing drywall in my home and I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment