Sunday, July 24, 2011

Courage

As I puttered and toiled this weekend, I listened to an audiobook and the message that continued to turn up was that the purpose of my life is to allow my soul to express itself to it's fullest.... the question was what was this expression struggling to get out? Fortunately, the book came with an activity. All that was required was to finish some sentences with the first things to crop up. I finished the statement, "I love...." I love to nurture and support, teach, encourage, show others their potential. And the statement, "I am...." I am kind, generous, curious, analytical, insightful and creative. Followed by "I would like to have..." more patience, acceptance, letting go. Finally... "The purpose of my life is..."

I know that if I has endless resources, I would still want to try to show people how amazing their own potential is and all that they are capable of. But MY purpose is really about my own growth and expression. I recall fondly recall launching onto the lake with my homemade raft when I was 7 years old, and the excitement and purpose I felt when I left NS and went on a road trip that turned into 5 years of travel, climbing, teaching, a book and incredible adventures. Being a mom gives me that same sensation; you just never know what is next.

So seems like the purpose of my life to be an intrepid explorer, always expanding my world by moving in new directions and never settling into one spot too long.

The book, "The Purpose of Your Life," Carol Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment