Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Miss Fix it

The busy-ness of camps has begun. Trying to coordinate the unknown is the order of the day. People do not seem to want the place you have space, rather only the places you don't. Employees want the best of the work and not necessarily the worst. The joy in all of this chaos is in the beautiful little faces that come your way and ask, "can I please have a badge with Rock Court on it?"

There is such hope in the request and such a desire to be a part of something bigger than they see themselves. It is so beautiful. A soul expressing itself.

I am no different in my desire to coordinate these many souls into the experiences I can create. The souls I am negotiating with are no different; all wanting to be a part of something bigger.

My desire to be helpful, to solve, to fix for people, to figure it out is innate and has been with me since I was a little girl rescuing stray cats and dogs and taking apart the television to see how it worked... much to the dismay of my parents. So when presented with the souls that are well cloaked by the ego, or the "I amness," of another demanding my energy, I will practice keeping my soul's desire to 'fix it' balanced with a desire to 'fix it' for myself and perhaps from there I can feel the joy in the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment