Saturday, June 25, 2011

Letting go continuously

This morning I opened one of my favourite books and I read, "When we feel nurtured, it is easy to nurture others...... Not paying attention to our own needs causes them to borrow and hide deep within our hearts."

As I reflected on this, I believe it to also mean when we feel love, it is easy to love others and when we feel rejected, it is easy to reject. The rejection really being a rejection, not of the other person, but rather of the possible love and faith in our own heart.

My teacher once said, "You don't forgive someone, you practice loving them. And maybe forgiveness happens." I truly believe this to be true. It is our own turning away from love that allows the negativity to come upon ourselves.

The letting go, then is not relevant to the circumstance. The letting go then is of the walls to protect the heart, letting go of the sense that whatever is happening has anything to really do with me. Nurturing myself begins with coming back to that feeling of love... opening the heart in every possible moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment