Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Uniqueness

Conversations swirl around me and I listen, hearing the sense of "I" in all of it. "I" was thinking ...., "I" don't think she has dealt with...., "my" back is....

Is it true? Who is this "I" we give so much credence to? How can I know what I think is right or true? None can see just as I see because they do not have my experiences on which to interpret these circumstances. Nor I their experiences. Perhaps we do not even value the same things. Perhaps we do but we express those values differently.

Seems that allowing others to be who they are all the while allowing me to be who I am is the only answer. And when the two are in conflict, I must make an adjustment that is true to who I am. None can be and I can be no one else, so my answers must be unique to me. Then there is only accepting others in their uniqueness too.

No comments:

Post a Comment