Friday, April 22, 2011

The raging tyrant

Last night and today were filled with moments of cleaning, fixing and doing. All the while, bantering around in the background of my mind are the angry thoughts,the resentments toward people and the unhappiness that I am not selfishly lying in the sun reading a good book. As the evening draws to a close, I am thinking about a good book about stillness. One more thing to put away, one more thing to clean... It seems endless.

Then the words creep into my conscious awareness, "this is the right way to worship, the real Yoga;not to perfect physical postures, but to make every home a happy home."

It is not the doing that brings happiness, but the connection to ones own heart, leaving open for others to meet. All the effort to perfect my home, and I missed hours of opportunity.

It is a good thing there is tomorrow. And it is a great thing that I could see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment