Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stuff I've learned

Yesterday, I learned friends of mine have received some challenging news. It reminded me of my experiences of three years ago, my then husband was having an affair and our marriage ended. I was devastated. I can relate to how my friends feel. Loss, grief, despair, betrayal, rejection.

Now, I have just returned from the most amazing 2 weeks of Yoga training - 2 weeks by myself, doing what I love to do with like-minded individual. I am reunited with my beautiful child - the result of that marriage. I am in love with my life.

About a week ago, in Savasana, my teacher said, "Think of a challenging circumstance you have experienced in the past. Notice how it now seems like a dream..... Now is just another dream."

I hope I remember this thought, it let's me hold it all a little more lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment