Monday, October 14, 2013

Airports and travelers

The continual stream of people wandering by the arrivals board, waiting, watching for someone they love. Just like me.
Waiting and watching. Living in the moment they will be reunited.
Seems challenging sometimes to just be in the moment and not be waiting, rather, just sitting and taking it in,inattached to the story of family and friendships, love that brought people here to a place to be reunited with the relationship they believe they have with another.

Perhaps that sounds cynical, but as I reflect on past relationships that no longer exist, except in the past, I recognize, the love only existed because of what I believed. I believed I loved and so I did. Can I just love without a reason? Can it be easy to just open my heart and send others compassion and understanding? 

Perhaps sitting in a place full of strangers I can just try.

No comments:

Post a Comment