Saturday, May 25, 2013

The view from here

Yesterday I watched amazing potential. And yet I knew those I was watching could not see all the potential I saw. My desire for their success was driving me to challenge them, to push them to greater understanding. I just wanted them to be inspired, to feel their own potential. That is what I always want when I teach.

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." John Wooden.

If one is just willing to keep trying when you cannot always see the potential, that is what faith looks like. That was my mom as she moved through the last few months of her life. Just doing what she could do, not giving into what she couldn't.

Perhaps the quote should also include, do not let what you don't have overshadow what you do. This is where happiness rests, waiting for our attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment